Sunday, September 9, 2012

PCS, COPOUT, and Storyboards


Hey everybody! I'm feeling the fall breezes and loving it. Got back last night from the Philadelphia Cartoonist Society's book release shindig at Locust Moon Comics near 40th and Chestnut. If any of you are in the area, check it out, there's a gallery up of Cartoonist Society member's pieces (including one by yours truly). I showed up late and drenched but warmed up after cocooning myself in paper towels in the bathroom.

Alongside the PCS, some COPOUT members made an appearance too. The newest COPOUT release was just a day prior featuring the great and talented duo of Billy Martin and Andy Hood and featuring a cover by me. You can search the SPX convention floors for them as they'll be there passing out books and perusing the booths. And don't forget to keep checking Arthur, new installments abound every Monday...except this Monday.

I haven't been able to sit down and draft a new page because I've been so busy doing storyboards. I'm happy to say I've just completed a set of boards for a promo on the PBS based Sprout channel and am starting a new group for NBC. It's been busy but fun, and I hope to not look completely disfigured from sleep depravation on the other side.
Until next time, keep on keepin' on.

~James

PS
Some sites you should check out:
Monster Monday Comic Strip by Patch
PCS Blog by the Philadelphia Cartoonist Society
Arthur the World's Strongest Boy by Billy Martin, Andy, and me
COPOUT on Tumblr by COPOUT Artists

No comments:

Post a Comment